Multicultural family support centers are organizations established to help marriage immigrants and their families to enjoy a stable life in Korea. Diverse and comprehensive services are being provided at 24 multicultural family support centers (excluding Seocho-gu).
·Korean Language Education
Providing phased Korean language education for marriage immigrants and immigrating children to help them learn basic Korean and understand Korean culture.
·Operating programs in 6 major areas, including family, gender equality, human rights, social integration, counseling, and promotion & resource integration.
- Program for bilingual families
- Spouse/marriage education
- Understanding multiculturalism and human rights sensitivity education
- Basic preparation for employment and multicultural family volunteer group
- Family counseling, case management, and emergency support for families in crisis
·Educational Visits (One-on-One)
- Korean Language Education Service : for marriage immigrants and immigrating children (under 19) who have lived in Korea for less than 5 years.
- Parenting Education Service : phased parenting education and family counseling for marriage immigrants with children under 12.
- Children’s Life Service : life assistance service for children (3-12 years old) from multicultural families.
※ Paid service: sliding scale based on income level
·Language development assistance of children from multicultural families
- Korean language evaluation, promotion and parent counseling for multicultural children under 12.
·Translation and interpretation services for marriage immigrants
- Translation and interpretation services for marriage immigrants who have recently moved to Korea and have communication problems
·Each self-governed district (gu) of Seoul operates diverse programs. Refer to the information on centers below, and contact the center via phone or visit it in person.
|Name of dstrict||Address||Phone number||Language service|
|Dongdaemun-gu||7F, Dasarang Haengbok Center, 521, Gyeongye-ro||02-957-1073||Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese, Mongolian|
|Seongbuk-gu||Anam-ro 145 Goreo University Lyceum #102||02-3290-1660||Vietnamese, Cambodian|
|Yeongdeungpo -gu Seoul base center||4F, 24-5, Yeongdeungpo-ro 84-gil Singil Social Welfare Center||02-846-5432||Chinese, Vietnamese, Mongolian|
|Dongjak-gu||3F, 63-26, Dongjak-daero 29-gil||02-599-3260||Chinese, Vietnamese|
|Jungnang-gu||369, Yongmasan-gil (62-2, Myeonmok-dong)||02-435-4149||Vietnamese|
|Songpa-gu||12, Macheon-ro 41-gil||02-403-3844||Vietnamese|
|Gangseo-gu||4F, Gomdallae Culture Welfare Center,50, Gangseo-ro 5-gil||02-2606-2037||Vietnamese|
|Guro-gu||50, Digital-ro 32ga-gil||02-869-0317||Chinese, Vietnamese, Cambodian|
|Geumcheon-gu||40, Geumha-ro, 11-gil, Sigeungbon-dong Community Center||02-803-7743||Vietnamese|
|Gwanak-gu||3rd Floor Nampa Kim Nam-jun Memorial Hall, Sillim-ro 3-gil 35 Gwanak-gu||02-883-9383||Vietnamese|
|Gangdong-gu||2F, 41, Yangjae-daero 138-gil||02-473-4986||Vietnamese|
|Nowon-gu||Gaon Bldg, 4F, 94, Dongil-ro 173ga-gil||02-979-3502||Vietnamese|
|Jongno-gu||2F, Dongbu Women Culture Center, 124, Changsin-gil||02-764-3521||Vietnamese|
|Gwangjin-gu||2F, 23, Neungdong-ro 30-gil||02-458-0666||Chinese|
|Gangbuk-gu||4F, Gangbuk Women Childcare Information Center, 9, Insubong-ro 66-gil||02-945-7381||Vietnamese|
|Eunpyeong-gu||3F, Kimdonggyu Bldg., 174, Seooreung-ro||02-376-3731||Vietnamese|
|Mapo-gu||Holt 3rd Floor, Yanhhwa-ro 19 Mapo-gu||02-3142-5027||Vietnamese|
|Gangnam-gu||4F, 617-8, Gaepo-ro||02-3414-3346||Chinese|
|Seongdong-gu||9, Muhak-ro 6-gil||02-3395-9445||Vietnamese|
|Dobong-gu||1st Basement, Dobong-gu Office Hall, 656, Madeul-ro||02-990-5432||Vietnamese|
|Yangcheon-gu||5-7F, Nambusunhwan-ro 88-gil||02-2699-6900||Vietnamese|
|Yongsan-gu||3F, Hannam Public Parking Lot, 224-19, Itaewon-ro||02-792-9174||Vietnamese|
|Jung-gu||10th Floor Twegye-ro 460 Jung-gu||02-2254-3670||Mongolian|